Thursday, October 7, 2010

Avedon

This is the Avedon-style portrait I shot last night. Long night, in the studio til 9:30. Paul wanted the portrait to convey strength and power, so I'm thinking that football players kiiiinda convey that, naturally. My brother James is thrilled to be on his high school team, it's one of the few shots I got in which he was actually serious. He's a goof. :p


There was another one I liked a bit more than this one with the helmet... But this one has a nice energy in it and his eyes have a glow and play quite the part. I accented the scar on his elbow, burnt and dodged around the edges and muscles, and retouched his shoulder like crazy because there was tiny white crap falling from his helmet and it looked like terrible dandruff. I left most of the helmet as is, it adds some grunginess to it. Took about three hours, but I think it looks cool.

Can you find my sign?

Cool story, bro!

No comments: